This morning, I visited all the campers during breakfast to hear what was on their mind and I got lots of comments to share with folks back at home. Here is what they said...
- This morning, some of the campers saw a beautiful banana slug and there was one in the group that gave the slug a little kiss. Cool!
- Campers told me they slept well and there was one young lady who apparently is usually afraid of the dark and yet she slept well through the night.
- Campers were enjoying the breakfast this morning and made comments that the food is good at Redwood Glen. They loved the eggs and potatoes.
- Redwood Glen is fun was a popular sentiment and we are just getting started.
- Campers were introduced to the plans for the week and are already excited for the presentation that will happen on Saturday.
- Several commented on the puppets being fun.
- One camper told me that it was her first time at camp and she is having so much fun. (I spoke to her mom last night)
- Campers told me that they are enjoying the wildlife at camp and especially the deers.
- They love to sing and a favorite from last night was Pharoh-Pharoh.
- Some commented that Retreat cabin is a big place.
- There was the comment that someone sings well in the shower.
Everyone was in a great mood this morning and promised they would have more to share tomorrow. Redwood Glen is a fun place and the staff are focusing on loving the campers. God bless.