The campers enjoyed another great breakfast in our dining hall with the specialty of the day being Cinnamon Rolls. The kids were enjoying them as I visited each table this morning to get their blog comments. Today is their last full day of camp and rehearsals for the show on Saturday. Campers are getting excited about the show and sharing their gifts with you all.
I was able to extract some comments from the kids this morning and here they are...
- The talent show last night was awesome! There were lots of great acts including the Shoe Genie, the singing dancing, crazy counselor who played the ukulele, dancing in PJ's, and much much more. They also felt the hosts for the show were hilarious.
- Yesterday the group went creek stomping in the Pescadero Creek. They enjoyed hiking in the stream and rubbing rocks together to make clay for face painting. They said the water was cold, wet and lots of fun to walk in. They also said they had to be careful of the small rocks underfoot as some were slippery and people got wetter than they thought they would.
- Apparently there is a counselor turning 93 tomorrow (not).
- The cabins are cozy.
- Retreat Cabin Right won the Tidy Cabin Elf Trophy yesterday.
- One camper pointed out that even though the cinnamon rolls are good, her favorites were the tiny sausages.
Regarding the open house tomorrow, here is the schedule....
CMAD performance 11:00am-12:00pm
Come join us as we celebrate the Children’s Music and Drama Camp. All week long the campers will have prepared for a spectacular Christian Show. Join us as they perform for you.
[Following the performance, there will be a free will offering.]
Redwood Glen will offer a full BBQ for $5.00 per person
You may bring a picnic lunch to share with your family if you prefer.
Tickets will be for sale at the registration table area.
There will be a time of fun games to watch and participate in
*1:00pm Egg Toss (in field)
*1:30pm Pie Eating Contests (youth and adults near picnic area)
[Note: prizes for games will be camperships for next summer]
The campers have had a great week at Redwood Glen. We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. God bless.