JRAD has begun with a great group of campers excited about sleeping in tents and eating in the great outdoors. I will visit the kids each morning and share their comments with you. The first morning it is always tough to get anything out of them but after today, there will be plenty to share with everyone.
I visited the campers at breakfast to find most eating a meal of scrambled eggs and potatoes wrapped in a burrito shell. Some of the boys had already eaten and were making a model of a tee pee. All were excited about their day and I was able to got the following information from them...
- This camp is awesome and fun
- The view at Indian Point is pretty
- The food is good
- Last night we had a campfire with s'mores
- At worship last night we sang songs like "How Great is our God"
- The counselors are thankful for coffee this morning
- Today we are excited about creek stomping and crafts
- Camp is extremely fun
- Yesterday we went on a hike near the creek
The campers are having a great time at camp this week. The weather is perfect and the spirits are high. God bless.